Tracking

Saturday, 22 March 2014

Cannot wait

Today it the day.

For the last few years I have been planning on refurbishing my dining room furniture, but because I have limited funds I decided on painting it all rather than replacing it all.

I have four different items that I want to keep, one of which is a Welsh dresser which belonged to my mum. None of the items match, but I love each piece. Logic dictated that the easies way of refurbishing them was to paint.

I did start to get into a little bit of a flap when I thought I would have to sand, prime, paint and then varnish each item. I'd be still working on them next year! That is until someone recommended Annie Slone Chalk Paint.

The idea is that you start painting straight away. No sanding, stripping back the varnish, nothing, (sounds too good to be true). To today is the day. I sourced a local shop that stocks the paint, all I have to do is decide on a colour......progress report to follow x

The 30 year old dresser mum gave me

No comments:

Post a Comment